Monday, March 28, 2011

Feeling the strain

Was the weekend of the Hk sevens rugby tournament, a weekend that normally sees me drunk by seven pm on friday night and not really sober until Tuesday morning, this year I managed the entire weekend without a drop and it's a huge result.
I had my usual box and it was full of other guys from the company from the singapore and Tokyo offices with lots of our customers. Needless to say there was some fairly insane scenes involving jugs of beer, pimms and vodka red bull, washed down with crisps, meat pies and greasy chicken.
Now I used to be heavily involved in all of the above and I have to say it was incredibly tough not getting involved perhaps not in the drink but in the food, it didn't help having my clients who know I am doing PCP, wafting meat pies under my nose! I entertained for the entire weekend without dropping the ball and did my exercises in the morning on friday and in the evening on sat and Sunday after all day at the rugby, did my sets this morning too and by mid day I was asleep in my chair at work.
I really hit the wall for the first time since week two I think, physically and mentally there hasn't been much rest for a while and I have to say I'm looking forward to some downtime.
What I realized though and I think it's important to share is that one is capable of resisting the temptations of old on the alcohol and food front without too much will power, I had my food with me and I just ate that quietly while all else around me poured All the things I used to enjoy down their throats.
At one stage I came v close to destroying a meat pie but I thought about what was in it and I backed off, realizing that it just makes extra work for me if slide back into it,
I'm feeling the extra load on the sets now and there are some seriously tough moments, finding that some upbeat tunes on the iPod make a world of difference on those too as well as during the skipping.
I'm not sure I have managed to skip more than about twelve mins before my calves give in, I am currently jumping both feet at the same time, with then some running jumps at intervals after that, any tips on how to get that more like twenty mins would be great,
The end is so close I can taste it but I know quietly inside that things have changed forever and I'm looking forward to the next challenge with my new improved PCP-ass whipped body,
Keep putting up the sets guys we are almost there,
Photos on their way I realize we have skipped a week. Aiming to be asleep before nine tonight to get the rythmn going again at six!!

2 comments:

  1. What willpower! Impressive! You've come a long ways with the alcohol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choices man. That weekend is going to stay with your companions for many weeks after in the form of ill health and body fat. For you the past can stay in the past.

    ReplyDelete