Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend too short

When the weather is like this it should be law around the world that work starts on Tuesday and stops on Thursday, everyone could benefit from more time to exercise, be with their families and just not be so wound up the whole time. Those that want to work could but the law would be three day week.
I watched in horror on Friday as that tsunami hit the Japanese coast line and it places a lot in perspective. I hope that all those affected can begin to rebuild their lives from today and that nature gives them a break. All those who were caught up in the nightmare I pray that they find their friends and family and if they can overcome this horror with the help and love of others then their lives will be forever changed.
With so much conflict and suffering in the middle east and japan and new Zealand sets are just what they are from now on, a small amount of time dedicated each day to making me stronger no matter how painful or challenging. I remember not so long ago staring at the wall thinking what am I doing, now if I am thinking while I do them it is about how lucky we are, to have the chance to do this, to have made the choice to pursue the project and make a genuine difference.
If for whatever reason we were confronted with such a monumental challenge that now faces so many in japan I know that I am slightly better equipped with everyday that I am doing PCP. You don't know when life can flip on it's head but it's better to be sharp physically, which clearly leads to a sharper mind. I have no doubt that these last four weeks will be tough but there is good reason to accept the challenge.
Very good emails recently Patrick, I hope that the group sticks at it we have all come so far,
Finding it very motivating that I now have friends and colleagues who are at the end of their week one and they are asking me about the weeks to come, also everyone that I see who I haven't seen for three months is incredulous at how much my shape has changed, best comment so far was that I looked like I was twenty one again.
I know we should not be vain but in the spirit of PCP I think everyone in the group looks fantastic and is it worth it? HELL YEAH.....six am never looked so good...got wunder radio app on the iPhone and it gets you going at that time off day...internet radio from anywhere in the world...brilliant,
If you want something sweet for veg asmuchasuwant....sweet potato/avocado/yellow pepper/vine tomatoes and carrots ....B E A U T I F U L...have a good week everyone dont quit don't stop double the intensity....embrace the burn it's your new found friend!!!!

3 comments: