Thursday, March 3, 2011

Time for a bit of cheeky marketing

My elder sister is having her book launch tonight in London, as I have emailed and face booked about it I am now blogging it up....WE All RAN INTO THE SUNLIGHT by Natalie Young is available on amazon and other retailers worldwide from tomorrow onwards....it's a culmination of many years of hard work and I have a feeling that it will be life changing....PCP is changing my life one day at a time so I thought it would be ok to spread the love on here. It's not everyday you have a book published and I wanted to share her achievement with those who are sharing their achievements with Sasha and I everyday on PCP....if you get a chance read it...if you like it tell your friends and families about it....if you would like signed copies of it because you like it so much I will see what I can do....:) if you don't like it feel free to vent at me but I won't be sending you a refund :).....it's on the web,it's been reviewed in the newspapers in the uk and I will be endeavoring to bring it to Hk and maybe the rest of Asia.....if anyone works in the literature world or for a book store hit me with your contact details.....
Ironically the title of the book is a little how I feel about our group of pcp'ers, everyday we complete sets and skipping, it hurts it's tough the diet can be tedious and take time, it's tiring it's stretching our sinews but at the end of everyday I feel as though we are one step closer to reaching our goals, there is the sunlight peaking at us but it will be tough as hell to get there, every completed rep, every completed set, every proper delicious fresh healthy meal that we are preparing and enjoying is edging us closer to the sunlight, I absolutely love my egg whites in the evening they are my reward for a good day well fought in my sets and my office which can be a battleground at times, when I go into the bathroom and I pass under the pull up bar I am now hurling myself onto it to do a few cheeky reps, for someone that could not do one six weeks ago it's a good feeling to know that I can now do plenty,
I am testing myself everyday with new physical challenge and there is nothing boring about it, at school I used to play sport everyday for at least three hours I now weigh nearly what I did when I was 21 which is insane....for ten years I have sat in a chair at work for up to and sometimes longer than ten hours a day....followed swiftly by another four hours in the bar and at a dinner table....literally blowing myself up with booze and ridiculous amounts of all the richest and most delicious foods on the planet....in doing this I ballooned to 94 kilos which for someone that is six feet tall is not loads but it sat like a rubber ring around my waist and like sealion fat around my face and neck....compound that lifestyle with plenty of cigarettes and caffeine to get me through the day I feel sick at the thought of what my body looks like on the inside even now....it is a more distant memory now than I imagined possible and although I will no doubt indulge in these treats again save the cigarettes and coffee which i can't stand the smell of or drink anymore bcos I shake and sweat after about a minute I know that there is a balance to my life and certain things like really good apple crumble and custard oysters rare steaks spicy bloody mary's good red wine cold chocolate bars from the fridge melting smelly cheese that you can eat with a spoon whole bags of kettle chips ( yes I could easily polish one of those big bags off on my own) baby back ribs full rack obviously with a side of chilli and big fries with garlic mayonnaise, dim sum in all shapes and sizes Singapore noodles butter chicken curries samosas Kashmiri naan bread with lashings of spicy chutney and raita monster pizzas with everything on them......they are treats now and not the norm and I sense a very different mindset to all of it.....Sasha and I have made some delicious meals during PCP so far and I genuinely love my food now ....it's not a source of indulgence more an experiment to see what tastes amazing in it's natural state...and what makes us feel strong and full of energy consistently over a period of 14 or so hours....
I haven't blogged like this for a while and it feels good to have a blab about all sorts of stuff it's all part of the experience I suppose
The week is over for me work wise it's golf tomorrow with an old friend who is in hong kong seeing his family so I am really looking forward to that as far as the skipping is concerned I will do it before the rest of the building wake up in the morning quiet which is by far and away the best time of day to exercise...happy in the knowledge that I am doing something good to start the day....I will probably squeeze in some cheeky push ups and maybe an 8 minute ab session too....I love that video it is spot on right down to the cheesy music slightly grainy picture quality and acres of spandex it's like the club tropicana video by wham ...except for exercise...timeless classic....bring on the weekend....for all of you who like to have a flutter on the gee gees I have a friend whose horse is running in the new Zealand derby in Auckland on Saturday...his name is o'reilly's prize....he has form and class and is currently 8/1 being hauled in all the time from the 40/1 he started at.....the trainer says he has never seen a horse eat or sleep so much....he has the lights turned out in his stable at four pm to get a good kip oh what a life .....But when he gets to a racetrack he knows only one thing...in the immortal words of the king of asphalt and the oval racetrack Ricky Bobby " I wanna go fast" ....if he wins and I did not share it I would feel bad ..if it doesn't go well then the money you lose betting on him if you use tab nz I think goes to the fund that has been set up to help the people of christchurch rebuild their lives and their city so it's win win....if u make bundle on him then donate some of it to the charity anyway.....with the Irish beating England at cricket in India and kevin o'brien smashing 100 runs in fifty balls a new world record for world cup cricket.....who would bet against a horse named o'reilly's prize....in a week like this.....the stars are aligning and all we need is a little leprechaun magic.....think of all the greatest cricketers that have played in world cups..........Botham richards gavaskar waugh Lara yuvraj tendulkar ganguly klusener chanderpaul Hayden gilchrist amla ponting sewhag gayle gower all towering strikers of the cricket ball and legends of the game....sitting atop that list now with a century that was sixteen balls faster than any other which is incredible...is a,up until tuesday a little known Irishman,who are typically associated more with gaelic football rugby and horse racing than cricket named kevin obrien....miracles happen everyday the karmic wheel spins England beat Australia in Australia eight weeks ago and they now lose to the Irish.....brilliant !!!! And I am English....
Time for bed enjoy the weekend the book the horse race the cricket the PCP and your food....
Bring on next week...:)....god's speed OP!!!!

1 comment: