Monday, March 21, 2011

Holy Sh$t

In the middle of my fourth set of curls yesterday my left arm caught fire, not literally that would be hideous, but there was a searing pain on the inside of my bicep, I actually cried albeit briefly and with a smile on my face, I know a bit joker-esque but it happened so I thought I would share it.
I remembered what Patrick had said about pain being temporary and I reloaded and managed to get three quarters of the way through the final sets, the outside curls actually loosened it up a bit so must have been a barrier of some sorts...a small stick of dynamite going off in my arm!
Sunday was one of those days where everything went wrong at least that's how it felt, by the time the kids were in bed I basically couldn't open my mouth to talk I was that washed out. Consequently when the alarm went off this morning at six it got smacked, just couldn't do it first time that's happened for six weeks, did my sets tonight just doesn't sit well so will do back to back and do them tmrw morning. It's too late after getting home at seven to work out for an hour then shower eat twice before bed and try and relax.
Have discovered the joy of skipping to really loud music, fifteen minutes now flies by its basically four really great songs, when a crazy beat kicks in I can run skip at never before seen speeds at least for me anyway. There is also a cunning plan of skipping with weights in the handles for ten minutes and then for the last five take the weights out you can absolutely tear it apart because your arms now feel lighter than air.
I think ninety second planks suck balls.
Loving my new diet sheet for this week patrick am craving huge quantities of fruit though....struggling with 150 grams a day.
Straining at the leash for the finish line now team, change gears again and punish those sets....GO GO GO.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes --- the planks, but it was such a feeling of victory after being able to do it!

    ReplyDelete